Summary of Position:
The person hired for this position should expect to be involved in metal fabrication for Coil + Drift, a fast-growing furniture design studio based in New York City. You will be working directly with designer / owner John Sorensen-Jolink and a small team who's hard work and unique design perspective recently earned Coil + Drift the 2016 International Furniture Fair Editors' Award for Best First-Time Exhibitor.
• Proficient in TIG welding
• Experience grinding, filing, sanding and finishing
• Experience welding brass
• Experience with wood-working
• The ability to communicate effectively
• Attention to detail
• The ability to work independently
• Production metal fabrication
• Custom metal fabrication
• Maintenance of metal working tools and equipment
• Basic wood-working fabrication
This is a part-time paid position requiring 1-3 days per week in our Ridgewood, Queens studio. Coil + Drift loves diversity and encourages applicants of all races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, and cultural backgrounds to apply. Refugees especially welcome. Please send a cover letter, resumé, and metal working portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.coilanddrift.com to learn more about us.
UPDATE: THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO APPLIED.